Alphabet Letters Worksheets
How to Teach the Alphabet to Children ?
Letter F Worksheets.. Is your preschooler ready to learn the alphabet? If so, this post is for you! Jam-packed with letter recognition activities designed to help you teach the alphabet, this post contains enough fun to keep your child busy for months!
Read on to discover more about this valuable pre-reading skill for young children, or scroll down to download eight of our free, top-quality letter recognition activities.
Advantages of Learning the Letter Names
Children who know the names of the letters have three major advantages:
- Kids who know letter names will learn the sounds of the letters much more easily. By contrast, children who don’t know the letter names often have tremendous difficulty in learning the sounds of the letters.1
- Children who can easily name the letters of the alphabet have an easier time learning to read.2, 3
- As they learn the letter names, children tend to be more motivated to discover more about the letters and about the words around them. Letter F Worksheets..
Should Uppercase or Lowercase Letters Be Taught First?
Developmentally, it will be easier for your child to learn capital letters first. That’s because the visual form of the capital letters is more distinct. Take a look at this row of capital letters:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
The only letters that could be flipped and mistaken for another letter are M/W.
Now take a look at this row of lowercase letters:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
With the lowercase letters, there are several pairs of letters that could be flipped.
- b/d (flip on the vertical axis)
- b/p (flip on the horizontal axis)
- d/p (flip on the horizontal and vertical axis)
- p/q (flip on the vertical axis)
- n/u (flip on the horizontal and vertical axis)
So that’s why I recommend starting with the “easier” uppercase letters.
To print, click the download link below. This will open the file in PDF format.
If you click on the other event images below, it will direct you to the event page. If you click on the download link after going to the page, it will open the PDF file.
PLEASE LOOK BELOW FOR MORE ACTIVITIES